Choosing a Fusion Board
We know choosing the right hoverboard can be very confusing so, we will highlight the main differences and common questions we get asked to help you decide. If you do still need some advice, please feel free to contact us and we can offer our recommendations of which Fusion Board would be best suited to you or your children. Our customer service number is 01872 672673.
What Fusion Boards do we offer?
- Classic PRO – the upgraded, newer model of the original, much love Fusion Board Classic, but now comes with a key fob and with a carry bag for safe storage and transportation of your hoverboard.
- Classic PRO-APP – the all-new upgraded Pro model, which has all the same features of a Classic hoverboard and fitted with a 36V battery and comes with a carry bag. The Classic Pro-APP also has built-in smart-phone app functionality which allows you to see real-time data from your board and your ride.
- Classic PRO-SE – the Special Edition Classic Pro; all singing-all dancing Pro with additional LED lights over wheel arches and is also fitted with a 36V battery – comes with a carry bag and remote control on-off key fob.
- Hummer – with solid, 8.5” wheels, the Hummer can accommodate a wider range of terrains, making it a great all-round board for off-road adventures. It is the recommended board for bigger riders. It also features a waterproof rating of IP54 and comes with a remote control key fob.
- Fusion Board X – the largest of our Fusion Boards with 10” inflatable tyres and a connectable app feature; great for bigger riders or tackling uneven terrain. With the app, you can check everything about your speed, power and rider statistics, and change the board to ride in beginner or pro mode.
For beginners or younger children, we would recommend a tyre size of 6.5” as these boards are great on all flat surfaces. When first learning, you will want to be traveling on flat surfaces anyway.
If you are looking to ride on terrain other than a flat surface, we would recommend the 8.5” Hummer. However, do make sure that any surface is dry and that the grass is short as any signs of water damage will void the warranty.
The larger wheels of the Hummer or Fusion X are better for more uneven surfaces as they cover more surface area and, generally, make it a little easier to balance.
Rider weights – maximum and minimum
For all Fusion boards, we recommend a minimum weight of 30kg (4 stone 10 lbs) as the rider will need to be heavy enough to apply enough pressure to the pads for the board to move. However, this is just a recommendation and most boards will work with a user weight of 20 kg (3 stone 2 lbs).
The maximum weight limit for a 6.5″ is 100kg. (15 stone 10 lbs) but the Hummer is a larger board with bigger wheels so can hold a user weight of up to 120kg (18 stone 12lbs).
All Fusion boards have solid rubber tyres (except the Fusion X) which are very sturdy and perform very well on flat surfaces. They can also never be punctured.
One of the main questions we are asked about hoverboards is the safety of the batteries. Fusion Boards are fitted with high capacity 36V batteries made by one of the largest and best battery manufacturers in the world and are specifically designed to fit your Fusion Board. All the batteries we use are fully tested and pass UK and European regulations so, are completely safe. We have never had a safety issue with our boards or batteries and both the batteries and charger also have a safety cut-off feature to stop overcharging. We have safety certificates for all the batteries and chargers that we use and can be provided if requested.
For all our boards we recommend a minimum user age of 8 years old but it also dependant on the ability, experience, and weight of the rider; this must be judged by the parent or responsible adult.
For children aged 14 and under, we would recommend they have adult supervision while riding.
The maximum speed of most of the boards is 12-15 km/h; this can vary depending on the user weight and gradient of travel.
- LED lights – All our boards have LED headlights and the have additional strip lights on the body or wheel arch of the board. Please see images and product specifications for specific models.
- Carry bag – Some of our current models come with the appropriate size carry bag as standard (please check the individual listing for details). These are great for transporting your board and keeping the board protected when not in use.
- Key fob – The Classic PRO-SE and the Hummer come with a key fob and can switch the board into standby mode remotely.
- Bluetooth – All our boards have Bluetooth speakers so, you can pair your device with the board and play your favourite music whilst riding.
- App – The Classic-PRO-APP and Fusion X have a free downloadable smart-phone app functionality that allows you to see real-time data from your board and your ride.
We also offer a wide range of great accessories to use with your board and enhance the enjoyment and safety of your ride. Below is a list and description of some of them:
- Pro Racer Cart – allows you to transform your Fusion Board into a go-kart in minutes, completely revolutionising the way your hoverboard is used
- Monster Suspension Cart – features two strong suspension springs which absorb all the cracks and bumps, producing an amazingly smooth ride on all surfaces
- Telescopic Adjustable Control Arm – easily attaches onto the board, offers beginners and small children additional stability and safety
- Silicone Cover – offer great protection to your board from dirt, dust and scratches – keeps your board looking brand new for longer