Choosing a Fusion Board
We know choosing the right hoverboard can be very confusing so, we will highlight the main differences and common questions we get asked to help you decide. If you do still need some advice, please feel free to contact us and we can offer our recommendations of which Fusion Board would be best suited to you or your children. Our customer service number is 01872 672673.
What Fusion Boards do we offer?
- Classic FX – great for younger, lighter children because of its unique self-levelling feature. This makes it easier to get on and off the board whilst making it a great board for beginners to learn on.
- Classic – the original Classic Fusion Board is more suitable for slightly older, bigger children as the rider controls the board using pressure pads under the feet. It has a more advanced specification and components, compared to the FX, making it a great investment.
- Classic PRO – the upgraded, newer model of the Classic, which has all the features of the Classic, but contains a Samsung 36V battery, a key fob and comes with a carry bag.
- Classic PRO-SE – the Special Edition Classic Pro; all singing-all dancing Pro with auto-self leveling feature and additional LED lights over wheel arches – contains a Samsung 36V battery and comes with a carry bag.
- Vector – the next step up from our 6.5” boards, with a wheel size of 8”, the Vector offers a smoother ride on more uneven surfaces for more advanced riders. It has all the great features of the Classic’s but, with an upgraded, more angular design and different colours.
- Hummer – with solid, 8.5” wheels, the Hummer can accommodate a greater range of terrains, making it a great all-round board for off-road adventures. It also features a waterproof rating of IP54.
- Fusion X – the largest of our Fusion Boards with 10” inflatable tyres and the only Fusion Board with a connectable app feature. You can check everything about your speed, power and rider statistics, and change the board to ride in pro/sport mode for the fastest ride of our Fusion Boards.
Please scroll down to see the Fusion Board comparison table.
For beginners or younger children, we would recommend a tyre size of 6.5” as these boards are great on all flat surfaces. When first learning, you will want to be travelling on flat surfaces anyway.
If you are looking to ride on terrain other than a flat surface, we would recommend the 8.5” Hummer or the 10” Fusion X. However, do make sure that any surface is dry, and grass is short, as any water damage will void the warranty.
The larger wheels of the Hummer and the Fusion X are better for more uneven surfaces as they cover more surface area and, generally, make it easier to balance.
The Classic series and the Vector all have a maximum user weight of 100kg (15 stone 8 lbs) so, if you are heavier than this, we would recommend the boards with a wheel size of 8.5” upwards.
Rider weights – maximum and minimum
For younger, lighter children (15kg) we would recommend the Classic FX as this board is controlled by the distribution of weight forward and back rather than the standard pressure sensors under foot. When riding the boards, the two mechanisms feel very similar but it just means that there is no lower weight limit on the FX. It does have a maximum weight limit of 85kg and we would always recommend children under 14 are supervised by an adult.
From the Classic to the Vector, we recommend a minimum weight of 30kg as the user will need to be heavy enough to apply enough pressure to the pads for the board to move. The maximum weight limit is 100kg.
As the Hummer, Big Foot and Fusion X are larger boards with bigger wheels, they can hold a greater user weight – which goes up to 120kg.
All Fusion boards from the Classic FX up to the Hummer have solid rubber tyres which are very sturdy and perform very well on flat surfaces. They can also never be punctured.
The Big Foot and Fusion X have inflatable tyres, which allow riders to use the board across different terrains. They are more flexible, absorbing shocks from uneven surfaces and creating a slightly smoother ride.
- 4 upwards – Classic FX
- 7 upwards – Classic, Classic Pro/ Chrome/ SE
- 8 upwards – Vector
- 10 upwards – Hummer, Big Foot, X
For children aged 14 and under, we would recommend they have adult supervision while riding.
The maximum speed of most of the boards is 15 km/h, apart from the Classic FX which reaches top speeds of 10 km/h. The maximum speed can vary depending on the user weight and gradient of travel.
- LED lights – All our boards have LED headlights and the Classic FX, Vector and Fusion X have additional strip lights.
- Carry bag – The Classic Pro/Chrome and Hummer have a carry bag automatically included with them. All the other boards have an option to add a carry bag with your board.
- Key fob – The Classic Pro/Chrome and Hummer have a key fob included and can switch the board into standby mode remotely.
- Bluetooth – All our boards have Bluetooth speakers so, you can pair your device with the board and play your favourite music whilst riding.
- App – The Fusion Board X has a free app that you can download onto your device which has a speedometer, rider statistics, power level and range, user mode and more.
We get many questions about which batteries are inside our Fusion Boards. Some of our boards are fitted with 36V Samsung batteries and some models with our own brand of reliable, high quality 36V batteries and this will be clearly stated in the description of the model. All the batteries with we use are fully-tested and pass UK and European regulations so are completely safe. The batteries and charger also have a safety cut-off feature to stop overcharging. We have safety certificates for all the batteries and chargers that we use and can be provided if requested.
The Classic FX is the only board with a slightly less powerful battery at 24V whereas, the rest of our boards all contain a 36V battery. The FX battery is also in a fire-proof housing and all the components contain a safety feature which stops the battery from overcharging.