Detailed charging procedure
Your Fusion Board should arrive partially charged and ready to go. Once you have had an initial play, it’s a good idea to give it a full charge until the charge light goes green. The board can take 2-3 hours to fully charge, but will often be less, depending on the state of the battery when you plug it in. It can also take more than 3 hours but this is rare.
Once the light on your charger turns from red to green, the board is fully charged and you should unplug the board and unplug the charger from the wall.
Fusion Boards come with a fused UK specific plug and a CE certified charging unit and we go to great lengths to ensure all our products are safe. However, it is always advisable not to leave any lithium battery charging for long periods, never leave it on charge when you are away from the house or overnight. Always unplug the charger from the electrical socket when not in use.
Try not to discharge the battery completely (to a point where the board will not turn on), as this can affect the life of the battery.
Please charge the battery periodically if the board is unused. We recommend charging the battery every month even if the board is not used.
1. Remove the Fusion Board, Battery Charger and Power Cord from the product packaging.
2. Connect the Power Cord to the Battery Charger box.
3. Insert the Power Cord into an electric socket and turn on. The light on the charger will be green.
4. With the board turned off – Insert the Battery Charger into the charging port. Take care to line up the pins – do not force into the socket. The light on the charger will turn red unless the board is fully charged. If the board is fully charged the light may stay green.
5. Charge the Fusion Board for 2-3 hours or until the light changes to green. Once fully charged the light on the charger will turn green.
6. Recharge the board after each use until the light on the charger unit turns from red to green.
N.B. If the board is turned on during the charging process, the battery light on the board itself will show amber and flash. This is not an indication of charge level. The only indicator of charge is when the light on the charger box turns from red to green i.e.the battery is fully charged.
Lights on the board.
Each model of board has different lights and indicators, but as a rule of thumb, there is a battery indicator on one side of the upper deck and an in use indicator on the other side.
Battery indicator – this light is either on or off, it does not have a bar indicator like a mobile phone to show the level of charge.
Green – Battery is active and OK to use.
Flashing amber – the board is plugged in to the charger, the charger is working and charging the board
Red – the battery needs charging, please fully charge before any further use.
If the board will turn on with the charger plugged in, but not without the charger plugged in, this it is likely the battery is faulty.
Use indicator – this light is with illuminate when the board is in use to show that the motors are working, or flash red when the board needs charging